Welcome to the blog that just reports racing as it is written. Enjoy!

Why not follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/UAEhorsetalk or even listen to our radio show on Fridays at 10.00 am UAE time where we cover racing and equestrian news, reviews and previews around the world on http://dubaieye1038.com/

If you want to follow our presenter on Twitter follow twitter.com/htregoning, twitter.com/edwinchester23 and our regular guest twitter.com/tmase04

Sunday 11 August 2013

FIRST ASCOT IMPRESSIONS OF ROSIE NAPRAVNIK


shergar cupRosie Napravnik, the American jockey who is part of today's Girls team at the Dubai Duty Free Shergar Cup, walked the course early this morning.

She said: "Ascot Racecourse is fabulous - quite impressive. I walked the course this morning and I am just looking forward to riding.

"When I was younger, I rode around all sorts of courses in steeplechase racing (when taking part in flat training races rather than over jumps) so at least I have a little bit of experience of different tracks and can adjust to Ascot.

"I have heard that I am well-known over here, but it does surprise me. It is very flattering, and the Shergar Cup is so celebrated that it is an honour to be here."

Lisa Allpress, who has been champion jockey in New Zealand, said: "James McDonald, who had a spell over here, had a good chat with me at the races in New Zealand before I came to Britain.

"He filled me in with a few bits and pieces and the style and stuff. We have been recording races from Ascot for the last six months in anticipation of being here for the Dubai Duty Free Shergar Cup. I am so excited it has all come together."

Joao Moreira, the Brazilian riding in Singapore who is part of the Rest Of The World team, said: "I would like to come to Britain one day and ride here regularly. Today is going to be a great experience."

No comments:

Post a Comment